View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #20
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinmach1 View Post
jtengr87, how'd the install of the Maggie 2300 go? I'm looking to do the very same SC install myself, just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks to make it all go easier. Instructions look to be very well written so that most anyone could do it. Only thing that has me even the slightest bit concerned is getting the crank pulley off and back on, and properly torqued. Everything else looks to be just a matter of time and labor.

Flynmach1, you’ll have a great time installing a Maggie 2300. The instructions are excellent, and the blower and all related components fit as well as OEM parts. I did notice one or two errors in the instructions. They instructed you to do something on the left side when is should have been right or vice versa. I intended to let Magnuson know, but was too lazy to do it. Either way, it was so obvious as to which side of the car you were working on, that it did not cause any confusion.
The balancer isn’t too bad. If you heat the bolt head with a heat gun, then use a stout impact gun it will come right out. Borrow a Chrysler balancer puller from AutoZone to remove the pulley. Rather than torqueing the replacement bolt, then tightening however many degrees it calls for, you can torque it, mark the bolt/balancer and hit it with the impact gun to achieve the additional bolt rotation. Unless you remove the starter and install a locking tool, it’s damn near impossible to get the extra rotation on the bolt by hand.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote