View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
3 weeks ago I made a huge mistake and bought a.... 2017 Mustang GT... I got it home and regretted it pretty quickly and found myself still looking at Camaros, even though I literally just bought the Mustang. So, today I went and picked up a Camaro. My first car was a 3rd gen Z28 so it's nice to be back in one 10 years later. I lost my ass on the Mustang trade in and loan, but I got an alright deal on the Camaro to make up for it. 2019 1SS, 12k miles, CPO, 1-owner, $35.3k OTD. Only option I knew I wanted was NPP, I didn't care about anything else.

First impressions:

- How is the Camaro not outselling the Mustang? I had the base model GT and now 1SS and the Camaro blows it out of the water on everything. Someone at GM needs to be punched in the forehead for poor marketing or something.

- It's nice to have a car with balls under 4k RPM again. And not sounding like a raspy 350z.

- Visibility isn't as bad as I expected compared to what a lot of people say online and during reviews. Besides the rear windshield I see out of the Camaro better oddly enough, especially over the hood. And I like this seating position so much more.

- The A10 is awesome. I typically always had a manual in my toys and didn't think I'd like the A10 but gave it a test drive anyway. So glad I did, because there's no way I'd ever come close to shifting that fast and smooth. GM/Ford did a good job there. Only downside is I can't push in the clutch and easily be obnoxious.

- These cars are thirsty as hell.

But here she is. Got her home earlier this evening and put away for the rest of winter. Already have wheels ordered and thinking about doing suspension so it handles a little better. I don't want to go too overboard though and void any warranties.

Also have to replace the middle fascia piece to a 2020/2021 model year. The bowtie placement is awful, that's priority #1.
Congrats!

media is the problem not gm.
300 ft/lbs at 1k!
mirrors are tiny but just right!
people say the tranny is great... well 450hp/450tq means you are never in the wrong gear!
30 mpg is fair in any car on the highyway!
springs make it look soo good!
ikon has a zl1 facia for under $500

Welcome!
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote