View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #26
MoreSpeed

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf View Post

Thanks. Have you put it on track yet? If so what do you think vs. your GT3?

Thank you!

The value proposition vs. a GT3 is too difficult to ignore haha. Hoping I love it on track.
Yes. You will definitely feel the weight in the ZL1 or ZL1 1LE verses the GT3. There is just more mass to deal with. Still, the ZL1 drives lighter than it is and in my opinion, the low-end torque is much more entertaining than high revving GT3. You could sometimes be out of your power band in the GT3 depending on the course and the gear needed. Not so with the ZL1.

I liked having more meat on the front end with the 285's. I would have to go in slower to a turn with the GT3 to avoid washing out and understeering or trail brake or both. You can drive the ZL1 differently. (don't get me wrong, the GT3 was very fast and neutral driven correctly).

I think the rear end biased launch is better in the GT3. All that weight sitting on those fat tires always seemed to be magic.

The GT3 felt more like a scalpel than the ZL1's sledgehammer but both are fun in different ways.

The ZL1 is fun trying to get the power delivery right. The car is much faster with all aids off... but you have to control slip.

Now, bottom line, I didn't have the 991, but with the 997, I find I am running faster times with the ZL1, having more fun and doing all of this at a fraction of the price point.

Sold 2010 997 GT3, 2016 WRX, 2006 997 C2S, 2003 996 C4S, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 E420 AMG
etc..

Last edited by MoreSpeed; 10-19-2017 at 03:10 PM.
MoreSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote