View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #34
smggugfaw

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Love the way people say "I don't see much difference" No car company makes an entire new car when they have success. The BMW 3 series has been a series of evolutions over the past 15 plus years. The 911 has been an evolution design for decades!!!
I think the reason people say that is because the 5th gen made such a huge splash with it's look. It was unlike anything out there. It was a head-turner. It was THAT car.

That's how a lot of people see the camaro now. The kind of car that is a the front of muscle car aesthetics. That is different, ahead of it's time.

With all due respect, the current Camaro design isn't a timeless one like the 911. It already feels long in the tooth after 6 model years and a refresh.

Visual refresh 2.0 isn't all that interesting to me. I was hoping for something that was eye catching, that would be the same kind of forward design - a head turner.

What makes it worse to me is that with each refresh they seem to be homogenizing the design more and more - it stands out less with each change. If chazcron is even remotely close, this is a car that's starting to blend in more and more, not stand out more and more.

I get refinement and performance arguments, but this car didn't get so much attention because it was refined. It got attention because it looked really good and like nothing else before it.

The mules and renders and speculation doesn't share that. It's in a werid place that it looks close enough to the current car that I don't feel the need to upgrade based on looks, but it's different enough that I'm glad I have the one I do because they just seem to keep watering it down.
smggugfaw is offline   Reply With Quote