View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
PICS: Mustang owner challenged me.... I backed down

See pics below.... Here's the story:
I met up for dinner with a few local Camaro guys at a wing restaurant. When I pulled up a few guys came up and were talking to me about my car and one guy told me that there is a yellow 2004 cobra that would take me out. I told him I am sure there are a ton of mustangs and otherwise that can beat me and I did not set my car up to be the most powerful car around as the 1LE is set up for left and right and not the dragstrip but it still performs pretty well in a straight line.

Needless to say not long after that guess who shows up but a yellow Mustang. Quite sure he was called. LOL I noticed it outside and went to check it out and the owner immediately walked up and almost the first thing he said is: it's just my grocery getter but He would give me any race I wanted but only for $1000. Any races that is, except from a dig because he said I would not stand a chance in hell from a dig no matter what.
Anybody who knows me knows that I will race almost anyone anywhere even if I know I will lose but as a gentleman's race, basically bragging rights. This guy was beyond confident at the least and would not tell me what he would run at the dragstrip and would not tell me what kind of horsepower he had.
I have raced a good buddy of mine with a 2003 cobra that has 700 at the wheels with a Kenne Bell 2.8 supercharger on meth. I have a video of it on YouTube that I cannot post here but from 40 to 140MPH I put a car length on him and was slowly walking away from him.
Notice in the pictures below that there is a braided line at the throttle body and I don't know if that is methanol or nitrous and the guy would not tell me. $1000 I was not going to be a punchline in this guys joke as a sucker's bet. If he was upfront and honest with me and told me exactly what his car was capable of and what he was running and seem genuine about it I may have considered a freeway poll but he was just far too confident and a little shady but he would not do a gentleman's race for bragging rights.
What do you guys think? BTW...this is a 2.9 Whipple blower.
Attached Images

Last edited by SUKXOST; 08-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote