View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #32
ExJetJock

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
So, newbie here. Bought a used 2018 ZL1 back in Jan. The alcantara steering wheel was showing wear. It belonged to a gal and I believe she used hand lotion. It was ugly. So I bought a 2019 ZL1 steering wheel used. Came off a wrecked ZL1 with only 2,500 miles. No damage. Like new. Called Chevy and they said the part would fit my Vin # so I bought it. It is not bent, scuffed, and appears like a new GM steering wheel.

Anyway I had a professional shop put it on. They are known for doing high performance vehicles and such. Anyway as I drove it home I noticed that the steering wheel is tilting to the left about 3 or 4 degrees. Car doesn't pull either way but if I turn the wheel back to level it will change lanes to the right slowly. How can just replacing the steering wheel cause this? I called the shop back and he assured me that the wheel is keyed and can only go on one way. He suggested alignment. PS, I was there and watched them put it on. They never drove it so.......

I'm getting it aligned in the morning. Went to my local NTB Tire store and spoke with their tech. He said he can do a ZL1. So we'll see. But I'm still confused how an alignment can change just by take a steering off and putting another one on..... ��

Last edited by ExJetJock; 05-18-2021 at 08:50 PM.
ExJetJock is offline   Reply With Quote