View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I know they've had updates since, but I'll just say I very much like my 2015 Colorado crew cab V6. No real issues, rides decent, power decent, gas mileage a bit better than I'd get in a full size (for my commute, I am able to average 22 - 23 mpg except in winter months).

My only "gripes" are the narrow seats with high seat base bolsters that tend to dig into my thigh, and the lack of a dead pedal, which leaves my left foot with no place to go. I have considered pulling the cover off the seat and cutting down some foam, but I haven't yet. A dead pedal would solve it all.

It's a damn shame the issues GM has had with the 8 speeds, as if it weren't for that with the 2017+ mid size trucks, I'd say they are damn reliable. I'm happy with the 6 speed in mine. The 2015 and 2016 suffered from what is known as the "chuggle" which was caused by a very FE oriented trans tune. The most recent GM transmission tune for the 15 and 16 models fixes that issue, albeit possibly reducing gas mileage by just a smidge. The 6 speed itself is reliable.