View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 06:30 PM   #35
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
These two mods make a lot of sense to me which amount to a supercharger removal and reinstall which any Chevy dealer would be happy to do. One just needs the right set of wrenches. Might also be a good time to clean the Eaton.
You’d take your car to a dealership and let them do this job?!?!?! You are a brave man trusting a dealership to not screw something up while doing something like this.

NO WAY IN HELL a dealership is touching my car for something like this. They manage to screw up something as simple as mounting a license plate on a car while prepping it for delivery.

I did the install on my Hellcat two years ago, in my driveway nonetheless. No special tools were necessary with the Hellcat and none are necessary with the LT4. The issue with the Camaro is the lack of space to remove the supercharger bolts along the rear of the motor.

Im sure there is a way to do it without dismantling the entire cowl section. I’m hoping someone puts up a video of the install to save me the cursing and busted knuckles hahahaha.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote