View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 04:06 AM   #55
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I got mine, and it had a few mis cuts as well, but nothing too terrible. Had it painted gloss black and installed it, which was super easy. I went to the grocery store today, came out and opened the trunk to put my groceries away, only to have my trunk catch my louvers. Wth, j thought this was an Ikon issue. Come to find out, my car sat in 100 degrees for a couple hours and then warped. Along the bottom of the louvers has raised almost an inch and a half. Kind of bummed, but I think an easy solution, is to contact aa and ask for another stud to place where it is warped, and I highly suggest whoever buys one in a hot climate to do the same. Another thing I may do to make removals little easier( it likes to get stuck on the studs) is widen the mounting holes ever so slightly and use black washers. Between these two, it should make this kit look a good as it should.
Damn, I might add some double side tape there to keep that from happening after I get them painted. Just going to make it a PITA to remove when I need to clean the windows.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote