View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:48 PM   #139
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The rumble and intoxicating sound of the V8 is really about the only reason I'd get a V8 over something like that, b/c honestly I currently am very happy with my modded but fat V6 lol. Some days I wish she were a bit faster or nimble, but then some days I stab at the throttle and think "nice!!". lol. A v8 would be great but I'd just be modding it for more power too...never ending for me lol.

Anyways this is not a V6 vs V8 thing...I just agree with that I think a performance V6 would be a fun car. Lets just imagine that the next gen V6, with a track pack/1LE, weighs around 3,400 - 3,450 lbs, has 340 - 350HP, great handling, and 3.31 - 3.55 gearing....now that would be a fantastic machine that could be had for under 30 grand. I'd have a VERY hard time resisting that. Hear me Chevrolet!!??? .
Right on the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The LFX isn't exactly..."new". Sure, its a reworked LLT, which the LLT is an LY7 with direct injection slapped on. Basically, the engine has been under going changes and refinement sine the mid to early 2000s. That said, I think the LFX is a wonderful engine with a balance of power and efficiency.

But I keep hearing/reading about a new line of V6s that GM is working on, and I hear they are called "LGX". Supposed to make its way into the ATS in a year or two. Other than that I have no clue what kind of power and tech they could bring. But if I had my wish it would be a 3.6 - 3.8 litre with direct injection, cam phasing (which the LFX has) but also cylinder shutoff. I've read its very hard to do cylinder shutoff on a 60 degree engine as opposed to a 90 degree because of balance issues, but Honda is doing it successfully in the Accord. Don't see why GM couldn't. Hyundai is getting 345HP from their 3.8 V6 in the Genesis coupe, so that range of power seems completely feasible to me. With cylinder shutoff, I would think very good highway mileage could be achievable.
Ha Ha! you posted as I was working on my reply.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote