View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #135
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
You really have hit the nail on the head, with everybody yelling for more tech and every creature comfort they can find the price just keeps going north. I am completely ok with entry levels of the Camaro as long as the performance goods are there. I have an LS 6 speed and I love it. I added ZL1 wheels and tires and it totally transformed the handling, could it be better? Of course, with money everything can be better. What is funny is my 68 396 is pretty stock and the v6 is right there with it. Plus the 68 weighs less.

V-8 options used to be a no brainer because the price really wasn't an issue. That is not the case any longer, with CAFE regs and gas pricing it will force v8s to the higher end of the buyer pools which is sad to me. But if they keep making strides with the V6 I am alright with it because you can have a nice daily driver that matches the performance of the v8s not that many years ago. And with the right tweeks It really is all the car you need.

2016-17 Camaro LS 1LE 350hp lighter weight - $285000!!! BRING IT ON!
No one, at least I'm not, is advocating taking the base car upmarket. But the Camaro launched with no NAV, no height adjustable passenger seat and acres of hard plastic in the interior. The BIG Ta Dahhhhh was the interior lighting and that didn't even make it to the dash panel.

If you can get it on an Impala for crying out loud it should be in the Camaro.

And what I don't want is a Camaro that is less than it could be because someone will be afraid that it will hurt Cadillac ATS Coupe sales.

And where is everyone coming up with this magical 350 HP V6? We just go a new V6 in the Camaro. Not sure we should be hoping for that as well on top of a NG car.