View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #109
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Update: Disappointment. Retrieved the car from the dealership Wednesday with the understanding it was not complete, but available(?). I did so as it was the 10th day of the 10 day allowance for a final repair (minimum of 3 repairs previously) by the manufacturer under the FL Lemon Law. Car was out of service for the full 30 days-another Lemon Law element.

Upon discussion with the Service Adviser/Manager, come to find out the car was 'complete' last Friday. The corrective action was reprogramming the ECM for the dealer installed cold air intake. It should have been done during the PDI.

5 trips to the dealer and the issue was the lack of the correct dealer installed program from day 1. A program that I've understood from this forum that is more of an emissions reprogram and not necessarily required.

Next available dyno apt (closed for holidays) is 2 Jan...same dyno (Dynojet) as before. Also, may have an opportunity to visit the drags Saturday night - hopefully be a good indicator if the car is making full power. I will say it runs crisper to redline...no blubbering felt. Of course it is much cooler in FL now - unsure if an impact. Do hope all the 9.5 AFR richness and cat overtemp operation didn't degrade the engine performance.

If the car doesn't perform on the dyno, will be submitting to BBB under Lemon Law for a buy back and it will sit in FL gathering storage fees until the case is settled.

I've got no options with a fly out date to Germany looming in days...disappointing how Chevrolet handled this situation even if I didn't have this timeline.

I hope it's all straightened out, and if it is, I'd go after GM for some sort of warranty extension due to potential damage caused by the dealers improper installation/tune of the CAI.

They want to deny warranty any time they can, this time they need to step up and give you something to make up for your heartache.