View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #86
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Well, I have my car back...OMGOSH, talking about Badass!
The Chiller is amazing!!!
Ben can explain this to everyone, but this is my first hand data....
While a Weapon-X they did a full dyno pull for my son and I, and then took it out to check the Street tune and chiller.
Air temp today was 94 degrees in Cincy.
While cruising, Intake Air temps with the chiller were 114 degrees, which climbed to high 130's to low 140's when Blake was beating on it...then it cooled right back down.
Water temps to the blower were between 59 and 63 degrees.
On my hour and ten minute drive home, water temps to the blower never went past 62 degrees, and when a cloud came out, dropped to 54 degrees.
This system is so freakin cool, and i just have it set at 50/50 cabin AC to Chiller...no difference in cabin Cooling at all, it actually felt cooler???

I'm lost. And of course stupid, so I'm going to ask. What exactly is this system cooling down cus those IAT's are still high. (normal in your case due to air temps). Those are my temps with a ProCharger and we all know they run high as the intake is sucking in engine heat. (When I run the open end system, my IAT's drop a good 10 degrees). My 2's right now on a hit will rise to about 140ish. But ideally, all we care about are the manifold temps. I wish I had my data logs from my last dyno pull. 1's were at 110, 2's were in the 130's up to 150 under a 155 mph pull, (It was 100 degrees out) but the mani temps started at 140 and dropped to under 100 degrees on the pull. Which is what we all want. (I'm running a dual nozzle, 20 gallon meth set up). So, I'm ramming a ton of meth on my car.

I'm assuming this is more for fluid cooling?