View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I can talk to Trufiber to make one but it would take a year to do unless you wanted to pay the mold fee and you would be the sole seller of the part I think the minimum order would be about 21 pieces (1) piece being the sample.

When I sold EDF planes I would gather preorders at a discount to pay for the mold fees worked well unless the date was pushed back then you had a lot people mad and charging back.

could do a preorder here as well if you didn't have the money up front for the R&D and mold fee. I would assume get a damaged part build it up with foam, cut and sand then cover in fiberglass and gel coat, then make a mold from that.

Honestly I would give it go myself if I knew there was enough money to be made. I could make the mold for sure. the carbon part is the hard part making the weave straight no bubbles ect..

I made a perfect mold of the LPE hood insert bought the vacuum machine, resin, and carbon and just haven't had time to make the 1st part. I been extremely busy keeping these maggy guys in CK hahahahhahaha!
Someone needs to keep us in check

Interesting... I thought I saw one somewhere, so I must've been wrong (won't be the first or last time...).

Unless the quality is as good as OEM, I wouldn't do it. As it is, OEM isn't great, but if it was close, price-dependent, I'd be interested.

You don't need an autoclave or whatever for something like this?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote