View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #4
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentlegion View Post
Hi Camaro Team,

So this is a question that the board has been talking about that when they go to there GM dealership it is a 50/50 on if it voids there warrant or not for having one.

My question is to go straight to the source because we want to hear it from y'alls end: Does having a Catch can on the 6th Gen Camaro void the vehicles warranty, if so: why?

Scientifically Catch Cans are better for the 6th gen Camaros because its removing the oil that is going back into your system and in the long run will become build up on your valves. (that is the shortened up version)

I would like to know why they will void the cars warranty and what information/ studies have yall done on this to say no?

Thanks,

Silent Legion and my Car: Karnage
I too am interested in an opinion from the engineering team on this subject.

Obviously, a CC for GDI would be beneficial to reduce ingestion of oil and harmful byproducts of blow by reintroduced by the OEM PCV.

Perhaps a better question might provide that the catch can has been properly installed. That the said installed CC in no way compromises, defeats, deletes or reduces, any function of the OEM PCV system and that it remains a closed system.

Although I would truly appreciate the engineering team's opinion here, the legal team likely have more say concerning warranty.

With that said; Good question, I'll vote for it.