View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 10:23 PM   #14
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yeah our cars are just so completely different than the V6 Camaro. I think the thing I miss the most so far is the looks of the Camaro, but that's just a personal preference. Cars like the Stinger and MKZ look awesome to me as well, but Mustangs and Camaros are some of the best looking rides around IMO. I've read the Stinger is underrated as well. It makes sense when a car weighs 4200 lbs and does mid 4's 0-60 with only 370-400 rated horsepower and torque. I've seen dynos where the MKZ is about 400 wtq, which is more like 450 or so at the crank.

I actually had my first race yesterday too lol. It was a newer style Malibu Premier with the 2.0t. Looked up the stats and they'll do do 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and weight about 3300 lbs with 250 hp. It was one of those scenarios where we were both at a light, but the lane ahead ended (his lane) and merged into one. Just on principle I hate when people do that and want to cut in last minute, so I never let them lol. Basically I was toying with him (getting on and off the gas a little, letting him think he might have a chance) and then just mashing the throttle completely that last few seconds and taking the win. I don't think the Camaro would have done as well in this particular king of scenario, because of the lack of torque.

Yeah my Camaro got a lot of attention, haha. People always wanted to race or show off. Or drive stupidly aggressive and cut me off.

The Stinger gets attention too, but more 'what car is that?' The only people who seem to recognize it are WRX, Charger and Golf GTI drivers lol. Otherwise I kind of like having a more low key car now.

Funny thing is that the seating position really feels like my Camaro. I swear it has damn near the same ride height. Maybe an inch higher from the ground. I felt right at home sitting in it. It's nice to have a decent amount of windshield visibility too.

Yeah I hate when people are in a lane where they know it will end in a few hundred feet, and they race to cut you off. I don't let them in either. In the Camaro I just mashed the throttle as soon as the light turned green. The V6 is still a fast car relative to most stuff on the road.

I probably seemed like a dick, given how much I revved that car out and went WOT, hahaha. I just loved the exhaust so much. I wasn't even trying to flex. I just wanted to hear the exhaust! We have some nice tunnels here in Pittsburgh, so hearing the exhaust reverberate in them was a treat.

Even though I'm Camaro-less now, I'm still holding out hope for a 7th gen even if it goes electric (or hybrid). I just hope GM makes it a little more practical as a coupe. I have full confidence they will make it a great handling car, even if it's all electric.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote