View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 06:59 AM   #9882
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Congrats New Yorkers!

Hope it will only be a few more years now before the CCW's get issued.

At least the Governor is willing to let you have muskets now.

I lived there for almost 20 yrs and made my escape in 2019. I really don't understand what all this is about. Although they say it's statewide, I suspect it primarily has to do with the NYC area. In NY there are pistol permits and CCLs. Both have to be applied for but of course with a higher degree of difficulty for a CCL. With just a pistol permit, you can own one but can only have it on your property or the range. (must be locked up in transit). I got my CCL in 2016 and the process can vary greatly by county. In my county as may be with all counties there, it's a judge and not the sheriff who approves or denies. I don't recall having to present a case for special need to obtain a license. I did, however, have to get 4 people who didn't live with me, wasn't related to me, and resided in my county to fill out a document as to my character and have it notarized and turn all that in with my application. Took about 5 months to get approved. Funny thing is, I wasn't required to take a CCL safety course. However, the CCLs in that county were essentially useless as you were restricted to carry on your own property, at the range, or while hunting. After about a year or so with that stupidity, I took a CCL class, then wrote a letter to the judge that I wanted my restriction removed because my wife and I were older and travelled a lot and I needed to be able to carry for our protection. It was granted within 2 months. Some more stupid NY laws:

You can't even touch a gun at a gun store without a license.

No one over the age of 14 is allowed to touch a pistol on a range without a permit. So if you want to take your wife to the range, she needs a permit as well.

Last, but not least, every pistol you own has to be listed on your license. What can be an easier road to confiscation than that?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote