View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 12:47 AM   #117
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
I paid them a visit unannounced on Saturday. They ran a "Run Pass One" on the GM Order Workbench (see below). At least these guys were straight with me. They told me they've got one allocation locked in (I presume during consensus last Thu) and one customer who's getting it. They hope to get another this week but wouldn't guarantee it. If they get it they'll call me.

One of their sales managers told me that apparently, the Southeast allocations have been raided to favor the Northeast after recent storms rolled through. When I pressed him asking if it could be that his dealership lost out in favor of those selling more ZL1's, he pointed out that his dealerships sell a large number of high performance cars including Corvettes and Camaros. He claimed that noone in our region is getting allocations. I tend to believe him because they have a NASCAR Camaro sitting in their showroom with photo on it showing a recent winner circle photo of another Camaro with their dealership's name painted on it.

The Order Workbench printout seems to show thaty have no allocations in several areas for the next production period (10/03/2016 - 10/09/2016).

I hope it works out for you, bud..

Hey, there's always the damned internet! I wonder if anyone can do better if they build their car on-line? Sure won't have to worry about mark-ups!