View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #26
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I'm an avid diyer, and I get that there is 'some' fun in relying on your own resources. I've done a few smaller, Vendor kitted installs (see my sig) and even though you get all the goodies, there are problems to resolve even with a kitted product.

IMHO it would be better to get the proven parts even if it "is" a small mark up, because all of a sudden your looking for a solution to a few small problems, and your just spending more time and money than if you just had the road map right there.

Example- Hit my 4th auto parts store and voila they frigging have AN fittings! Still pricey but just an arms reach away. A days search for a $12 part, the overhead adds up fast.

Yeah- it was a learning experience for the 'next' project. Since the main cost is in the blower I just don't see the scale of economizing here. Any project you can do at home and walk away from happy, is sure to be a big cost saver and gratifying all the same if you get a full kit.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote