View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 09:14 PM   #20
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
This is way too easy. Gen6 SS 1LE > than S197 GT500. By a large margin.

I think you recognize this, but for those who don't:

Chassis dynamics (grip, response, feel, feedback, structure, I could go on)
Braking
Refinement
NVH control where it counts
Mass (less)
Powertrain synergy
Road trip comfort
Engineering

If all you care about is brute power, well then yeah, maybe the GT500. I bet the SS 1LE punches above it's "power" weight vs that generation of GT500.

If you are considering letting the 1LE go based partly on your #1 criteria, you are in the wrong hobby. Overanalyzing the changing market will only suck the fun out it. I'm not really sure what your endgame here is. Don't let the market dictate your enjoyment. Sure, you could have had a Gen6 ZL1, regret never makes things better. The overall market is down, due to many forces. The Gen6 production is done. But demand, albeit even if it is small demand, is still going to be there on the better Gen6 variants for a while. SS 1LE prices are still good. You're not going to get what you paid for it, at least right now.

I thoroughly enjoy every drive in my SS 1LE.

Are you doing track days at Pitt Race?
A Gen6 SS 1LE will be superior at Pitt Race over the GT500. Easily. Not just with lap time but in road course driving excellence. It's easy to go faster in the Camaro than the Mustang.

The heart wants what the heart wants. It sounds like the visceral part of brute power has you looking bigger. Good luck! Many walk away from the Gen6 and return after realizing how good they are. That rarely being a sound financial decision.