Thread: ZL1 Mods????
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 02:20 PM   #18
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxlblackzl View Post
Hows traction? I wanna be able to ride on some good performance tires year round, dont wanna have to use slicks, Also what range do you think power becomes too much/unuseful for some regular pilot 4S or pirelli p zeros?
Can only speak of the goodyear supercar 3r's and they feel like they're on the edge of traction hitting in 2nd at 4k rpm. Feels like the right amount of power for the vehicle, hits hard but your confident its gonna hook with minor slippage. I also have full SPL suspension parts as well as BMR front cradle brace, driveshaft tunnel brace, and strut tower brace. Feels like removing some of the rubber in the suspension and the stiffening of the rear has made it rock solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxlblackzl View Post
Sorry dont really understand boost, thats relevant to the supercharger Im assuming? Like how much boost is going into the engine or something?
Boost is pressure the supercharger is pushing into the engine. Different size supercharger pulleys or balancer pulleys will change the boost going into the engine. Raising boost will result in more hp but creates more heat, especially with the smaller stock blower. Because of this, the extra hp won't last long and result in more engine heat soak, which will lower power for the following pulls. Lowering boost will have the opposite effect, lower power but more consistent pulls. This is my understanding anyways
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote