View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
If prochargers were the way to go then they would be using them in the NHRA. The only reason why I bring that up is because you are comparing race cars to street cars. The fastest cars in the world run PD superchargers. I am not biased to either one and I agree Procharger so far has been quicker on the 6th gen but I suspect Mike's Magnuson 2650 car will be right there in the near future.
The cars I’m referring to can still be considered street cars. The race cars that are the fastest in the world typically have a massive blower sticking through the hood and aren’t street legal. Which is where the size argument comes in that I mentioned. I’m talking about these cars, not a pro mod. From what I have read, the guys pushing the PD blowers on these cars are having a good amount of heat issues as well.

I didn’t mean to start some kind of an argument, I should have said that there’s a reason that they’re breaking all of the “street car” records for these cars/vettes.

Also, I am not as biased as I may sound. My friend just asked me this past weekend what I thought about a whipple on his 17 SS and I broke down everything and he still wants to go with the whipple and I agreed, based on what he wants out of the car.