View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #2
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
Thanks for making this video and giving your opinions on the benefits of square set up. I'm currently running a square Apex set up on the street so I can rotate the tires, but switch back to the 1LE OEM wheels/tires for the track. Are you running 10.5 width rims?

BTW, if you want to calculate your revised speedo with your new vs old tire size, check out this web app: https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

Assuming the app is correct, you'll see that the speedo error difference is actually larger than the 1-2 mph difference than you thought, especially at higher speeds (so the speed advantage through the corners and onto the straights with the new wheel set up is not as large as you were thinking). But the car is still legitimately a couple of mph faster, and if you like the neutral balance better, then that's all that matters.

I'm less experienced in my HPDE life than you, so am currently fine with the mild understeer balance. I can practice trail braking and purposely increase yaw rate without running the risk of oversteer, at least most of the time.

Please report back after you've had a chance to do some more track sessions.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote