View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #8
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Never, ever even consider any "Buyback" car- no matter how good the deal. My daughter experienced it first hand. Shed bought a Subaru Imprezza about 5 years ago. Only like 5K miles on it- was a "buyback" She had just graduated college and was looking for a good reliable AWD car for a budget price and it fit the bill perfectly. It had "transmission issues". She test drove it a few times- drove perfectly. She bought the car and has had 5 years of trouble free driving it. Just this year she wants to trade it in- growing family- dog, new born son, etc. Wow the dealers knew it was a buy back and pretty much no one even wanted it as a trade. A Subaru dealer offered the best deal and she kind of settled on a new Ascent. But her first choice was a Toyata Highlander but the dealers did not want it at all. So any buyback should be a red flag, just like a rebuilt.
Value is affected but 5 years of trouble free ownership doesn’t sound that terrible. And nothing wrong with rebuilt cars when fixed CORRECTLY. I’ve rebuilt 5 myself, all have been perfect.

Personally I’d avoid buybacks but that’s generally because the manufacturer doesn’t actually fix it. Sounds like your daughter got lucky and Subaru actually fixed the problem!
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote