View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 06:43 PM   #28
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hydrogen in an ICE is still combustion. So if the goal, and California mandate, is zero emission vehicles, hydrogen in ICE doesn’t work. And simply as early as we are in EV infrastructure, hydrogen is much worse.
I mentioned it since its a viable way to clean up existing technology with ICE and possibly eliminate waste through catalysts. This would significantly ease the need to double or triple electricity capacity over 10 years.

I couldnt care less about California's unrealistic and unattainable zero emission goals. But hey, if they want to continue down the path to burning the state down and forcing people to live in the dark all while China dumps ACTUAL pollution into the atmosphere, more power to them.

I lived in California in the 70's and 80's. I remember what LA's air quality used to be. When I was there in 2000 and again in 2019, it was clear that the pollution battle was won. Like any movement that has outlived its usefulness and wants to survive, the absurdity of CO2 as a pollutant came about as life support.

At any rate, someone better face reality and get to building the hundreds of nuclear power plants that are gonna be needed to replace all the hydroelectric and fossil fuel power generation thats slated to be eliminated.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote