View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Just because there are/were a bunch of whiners on this site doesn't mean that the general public wasn't happy overall with the refresh. Last months sales numbers confirm that and put us back ahead of the Mustang. I think they need to stay far from the design of the fifth gen to be successful. The performance of the sixth gen will be improved but it won't be light years ahead of what we have now. They can come up with something new and exciting and still make it look like a Camaro. My guess is none of the renderings we've seen are even close. I think the main consensus is that the first gen has
a timeless design and that the fifth gen is a modern interpretation of that design. It's held my interest long enough for me to stare at thousands of pics of fifth gens and still end up buying one, but how long can that last? Change is necessary and the initial shock of seeing the sixth gen will wear off and people will grow to love it if they have the guts to do something different. If not, people will kind of like the same old design and sales will slowly decrease.