View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
The SiO2 spray on/wipe off has 1-3 months protection under the best conditions. If it has just been sitting in the driveway for 2-3 months, getting dusted by cars driving past, tree pollen and sap raining down, rained on, sun UV rays, etc.- those are pretty tough conditions.

Generally you should wash it every 2 weeks under those conditions and reapply the SiO2 every month. It's just car "wax" with hype not a miracle product.
Thanks for the reply!

Didn’t think it was a miracle coating but couple of things I should have been more clear about I guess (& maybe #2 is totally unrelated, I don’t know) -

1 - a couple of my cars sit out there all the time, and have never felt that awful when I’ve washed them, sometimes as much as 6 months since last wash (older pickup). It honestly does need to be clay barred again already.

2 - 2 months and no beading? Every wax I’ve ever used has lasted much longer. Do SiO2 sprays not last as long as “normal” waxes? Honest question as maybe I should go back to mequiars stuff.