View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #15
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I must be missing something...so I have to ask.

The V6 is rated at 335 crank HP, so when you said 326whp above, it leads me to believe you mean 326 rear wheel horsepower.

Then later you said the mods are downpipes, exhaust, and 93 octane. So what did I miss? B/c there's no way your V6 is putting down 326rwhp. That would mean you car is making north of 375 crank HP.

Maybe the dyno you ran on said that number. I'll believe that. But your car isn't making that power with those mods. Do you have some kind of forced induction on it?

I'm no V6 hater at all. In fact I loved my 5th gen V6. But even with a good tune and bolt ons (downpipe, intake, exhaust, "ported" intake manifold, T/B) the V6 won't be putting down 326rwhp.
Well.. just out the box these cars are keeping up with stock and mildly modded 4th Gen LS1 F-Bodies, he clearly shows himself destroying a mildly modded 4th Gen SS in the video too.. that mildly modded SS should have been at nearly 400 Crank Horsepower based on the mods he had (Intake and Full Exhaust) and the V6 took him out... so there may be the possibility that the dyno isn't lieing... Also.. (and with all due respect as well as I have owned a 5th Gen V6) ..the 6th Gen V6 is a much much quicker car... its a night and day difference driving between the two. For the actual modding, it DOES seem alittle optimistic, but..I wouldn't put it in the realms of impossible given that they are already in LS1 territory just out the box.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote