View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #11
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Oh, my...you folks are going to be in car heaven having a 1LE in Germany. I've had a number of Corvettes in Europe and I think you may be mistaken about warranty work while there. My 02 Z51 Corvette experienced the steering column lockout issue while traveling from Aviano, Italy to Hockenheim (Frankfurt) for a track day with Corvettes Italia. The car ceased to run near Salzburg, Austria. I had it towed to a GM dealership there and contacted the US GM support division in Germany and they negotiated getting the column lock fixed under GM warranty. However, the dealership drove my car 90km while it was in their possession (several weeks) and from the scuffing of the tires, it was pretty much abused. They tried to deny it, but my towing receipt had the mileage on it when delivered to them. They gave me a free service (big deal), for the privilege of abusing my car.

I did 21 laps of the Nurburgring in my Corvette and it was the best car experience of my life. If you don't know the Nurburgring, get the Forza Xbox game and you will truly learn the track.

There's a road going up to Cortina, Italy in the Italian Alps that's nothing short of a public sports car road course and that was nearly as much fun as the 'Ring. I sure do envy all of you. I spent 9 years in Germany at Bitburg (now closed) Spangdahlem and other places. Awesome! Good luck with getting your car delivered and in good order.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote