View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #5
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Stock
I completely agree. At the start of last year, after 35 years of drag racing, I was in your shoes. I ran around 20 events with a number of sets of the stock tires. They are great tires well matched in their development specifically for the 17+ SS 1LE and ZL1.

I am running the 19" ZL1 1LE wheels and tires now (G3R's). They are "better" than the 20" G3's, but, I cannot say they are "worth" the much higher tire wear and operating costs for most people.

With the right alignment, tire management (rotating side to side), watching your tire pressures, etc., you will find the car is capable of VERY impressive track times with the stock Supercar 3's.

They are very predictable, forgiving, and can stand a lot of heat without falling off too much. If running SCCA events, you can run these in AS or CAM-C.

The only downside in my mind is if you are daily driving on them - wear nor rain performance is not great due to tread compound and reduced tread depth. For daily us, I have another set of stock SS 1LE wheels that I run Michelin Super Sports on (get Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - the Super Sport's replacement). I see you have bought another set for daily use, so, that will save a lot of wear on your G3's.

Good luck and keep us posted as you get more experience with your car.

Last edited by RUQWIKR; 08-19-2018 at 07:11 PM.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote