View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #28
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 View Post
Reminds me of a NSX. Especially with the bridged spoiler.
Actually the bridged spoiler was inspired by the 4th gen Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SScamaro2010 View Post
I like it, don't kno if it works for a camaro tho. How would the c pilar look if you brought the bottom of it into the fender and have the top of it follow the rear window. If you understand what I'm trying to say lol
I think I understand what you're saying. You want that angled piece at the bottom removed and the C pillar to just go all the way down to the fender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Zman View Post
i'm sorry,meant nothing by it but that's just how it(and most of the pics)looks like to me..a Corvette.

No, I wasn't offended. That might actually be a selling point if it helps bring in a new generation of buyers. Right now with Vettes and performance Camaros being up and above $40k that's pretty much out of reach for the younger generations. They would probably respond very well to a muscle car that could be considered a younger person's Corvette. Instead of a Camaro, maybe this could be a new class of Vette, although at that price point it would interfere with the Camaro market, unless this version was a 2-seater like the Vette is. Definitely an interesting idea!

Based on feedback, here's a few snapshots with a revised cabin. I lowered the roof a couple of inches, moved the base of the windshield back 4 inches, moved the entire front of the cabin including the A pillar back 2 inches, moved the base of the rear window forward 2 inches. This sounds like it wouldn't be that much work but it took me almost 2 hours of tweaking to get this to look right. I was surprised at how just lowering the roof threw off the entire look, and how much work it took to get it all rebalanced.

I also straightened the bottom of the fender well edges. As someone pointed out, the previous design although I thought it was cool looking, would have been impractical when trying to remove a wheel.

Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4d1.jpg
Views: 20025
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  2020 Camaro Concept 4d2.jpg
Views: 3100
Size:  92.3 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote