View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #283
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Mine is back after being fixed by GM a few weeks ago.

They said they used the updated washers when they did the TSB. Not sure if I should take it back to them for another attempt, or just replace them with BMR links.

I have 4 speed bumps I have to go over every morning and evening where I live and it happens everyday at least once or twice.
There are no washers on these joints from the factory nor are washers added as a part of TSB PIC6276. The TSB only directs technicians to re-torque the joint, so not sure why your dealer is "updating washers." I'd suggest just putting some blue loctite on the lower joints and re-torquing to 89 ft-lb to see if that helps. I just did that on mine this weekend, so I'll be seeing how long that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro 79 View Post
I mentioned Washers, but the service manager told me the TSB was for new bolts. It seems like the actual fix is nordlock washers with red-loctite. Any thoughts on that?
Again, the TSB doesn't require replacing any components, only re-torquing.

If you want to do it yourself, torques are listed inside the TSB (lower is 89 ft-lb, upper is 74 ft lb, lower is the one expected to be loose). Start by using BLUE loctite only, and if the clunk comes back after that try a nordlock washer and BLUE loctite. Whatever you do, DO NOT use red loctite unless you want to use a drill/grinder when you take the links off for replacement