View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Anyone with LPO wheels who were denied the OEM by the dealer..

I detailed my personal experience in the "issues section" and this is as much a warning to buyers as a request for help.

I'm just curious if anyone who's car came with the LPO wheels had to fight with the dealer to get back the OEM wheels and won.

The window sticker has a disclaimer stating “OPTIONS INSTALLED BY THE MANUFACTURER (MAY REPLACE STANDARD EQUIPMENT SHOWN)” and the LPO wheels are clearly indicated as (DEALER INSTALLED) which excludes them from being covered under the disclaimer. This alone should be proof that the standard wheels should be included with the car because they're on the build sheet. I can't find language anywhere that indicates they "replace" the OEM wheels and neither can GM customer service.

The problem is that we are charged for both the standard wheels and the full price for the LPOs which are $2000 which means GM would be committing fraud if they aren't providing any disclaimer alerting the customer they don't receive the OEM wheels...hard to imagine GM having a policy like that without covering themselves with a disclaimer of some kind. Whether someone cares about having 2 sets of wheels or not I can't imagine anyone being OK with paying over $2k for the OEM wheels they don't receive.

I know that LPO wheels for Corvettes clearly state the customer gets two full sets of wheels which implies the same is true for Camaros since they're both GM accessories.

The reason this is even more irritating for me personally is that when I first called the dealership the general manager agreed and sent me a set of wheels and a check for $500 which would have fully satisfied my request except the wheels were damaged. The general manager left the dealer before sending the check he promised as payment and now the dealer claims a district manager says GM's policy to to take back any parts replaced and I was never entitled to them. Even then nobody quoted a policy...they just said it exists. Customer service says they cant help me because if a district manager said it than it must be true and won't even bother to confirm it.

Has anyone ever actually seen or ready this so called policy from GM? It's especially odd the dealership had no idea such a thing existed until a week ago nor bothered to find out from at anyone at GM if they were actually obligated to sent me anything before they did it.

Something does not seem right about any of this. I've seen a lot of discussion by other people going through the same thing over the years but no "magic bullet" solution that works every time. (although a lot of people don't post updates when they get results) If anyone has a success story how they got back their OEM wheels I'd love to hear it.

Scotty B

Last edited by ScottyB911; 01-16-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote