View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #3577
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Chevy Performance builds the most capable, well rounded, cars and that capability projects all the way down to the base trims.

It is impressive that they set the mark to jump trims with the change generations.
  • gen6 SS = gen5 ZL1
  • C7 Z06 = C6 ZR1
  • C8 is a $60k supercar

Ford appears to have set the mark for the S550 as the outgoing Zeta platform Camaro. Even then, only certain metrics and completely missing others. Then they backtracked and redesigned the GT and delayed the GT500.

Ford’s 0.1 advantage with the GT* doesn’t compensate for the inadequacies of its chassis or how poor the GT still is.

How do you even describe the PP2? A street car with the suspension that should be on the PP1, with tires that are wrong for the street?

Now we’ll see what the GT500 can do. In typical Ford fashion, I expect the $74k GT500 will have serious inadequacies that the $94k GT500 CF (*” trim) will cover but somehow still not be a completely well sorted car.

Ford and Dodge aren’t at the same level but Dodge doesn’t pretend to.

So while while newmoon celebrates Ford eeking out conditional, * trim related victories against four model year old Camaro’s, Chevy Performance served notice with the C8. Forward =>
Well I would describe the PP2 as a half baked disappointment. It could have been an actual competitor to the SLE.

Even if the GT500 surpasses every car in the segment (I dont think it will) this generation is a loss for Ford. The 350 is not a better performer than the SLE, the 350R got spanked in every performance metric by the cheaper ZL1. The PP2 is laughable and the Bullitt somehow manages to be slower than the GT PP1 M6 on which it is based.

But hey the GT* is .1 faster than the SS
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote