View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #25
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GRN4U View Post
So here is a question that I have. If we have to take down all the stuff we have on the engine bay to drive it to a tent to get judged how will some of the awards for best of show, best engine bay and so on be able to judge that going through a tent? I put a lot of effort into making the engine bay look awesome. Also after sitting in line (I'm sure) the car will be hot so when we get it back to our spot we won't be able to display it for awhile. Is there other option available?
Not really sure what you have on display in the engine compartment needs to be judged. You will not be traveling far to get judged we are not judging display items now if you mean you have polished covers over items driving the vehicle a 100 yards is not gonna mess anything up.

I have judged 1000 pt cars that roll off the trailer and have to drive to tech check and then into line to be judged.

Nothing more than a few specs of sand or dust kicked up while driving up the same can and would happen if your car is sitting on the show area with the hood up, windows down, trunk open. The car is going to be hot weather is sitting in line or sitting in the parking lot.

We are trying something different this year to see if we can speed up the judging process and allow folks who want to show a car get judged as well as participate in the auto cross or drag racing.