View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #190
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Norm,

I perceive you as an intelligent person, but you are as stubborn as a rock. Do you for one second think that the average driver is even 1% as capable a driver as you, or as what you say you are?

You think you have driven a lot, but I would venture to say that I have many more driving miles than you with less years alive.

I'm going to give you a little anecdotal evidence(since you are obviously a huge proponent of it).

When I drive my truck for many miles at a time I get bored and make up games for myself to keep me entertained an engaged on the road. One of the games I play is, "identify the distracted driver". Instead of over exaggerating I try to be conservative and make my observations 100% identification. In other words I do not count it if I think I may have seen something.

On a trip from Jacksonville to Tampa Florida I identified 8 out of 10 drivers as being completely distracted. This includes many things, but phone is the most common. I drove next to a man from the south side of Orlando to the east side of Tampa who was in the left lane(passing lane for those uninformed). He paced me unintentionally the whole time holding up all the traffic for 68 miles. He did not put his phone down once, it looked like he was watching videos the whole time.

My point. You are not the average driver, but you are trying to say we should based highway safety upon your skill level. Hell, if what you say is true, I'm not even close to your skill level and I'm a professional driver.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote