View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #188
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinginHawk View Post
No, he's saying that these systems do not work as intended.

He understands their intention, but denies their effectiveness.

His denial is very persistent though, especially when he'd rather reference track times than saved lives minus his own. Norm is also under the impression that driver assistance features have done him little good to date. We all have shortcomings, momentary or otherwise. In my opinion, a compromised track time is a worthy sacrifice for the greater good of securing all people during their "momentary shortcomings".

Of course you are allowed your opinion even if it suggests that track times are more important than covering lapses in awareness/judgement, but it would inform whether or not I take your position seriously when it comes to public well-being.
I mean, by that logic, the automatic double clutch 7 speed transmissions are of no benefit vs a 1970 3 on the tree manual...

But, I will say, as a manual driver, I do NOT like flappy paddle or shiftronic gearboxes. For the average driver, they are fine. But for someone who understands a manual transmission and understands the benefits of going from 5th to 2nd to slow down hard without sliding from overbraking, these transmissions are dangerous to me. If I put it in 2nd, I want it in ****ing 2nd.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote