View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #187
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOutlaw View Post
So basically, with all that, is that it's possible there are drivers inferior to you whose lives could be saved with this technology, but maybe we should really rethink this progress thing because you're good as is.
No, he's saying that these systems do not work as intended.

He understands their intention, but denies their effectiveness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
But what's more likely is another driver making a serious right-of-way error in a scenario that would be beyond the laws of physics to avoid or otherwise prevent.(in this scenario the systems would not be able to prevent a collision anyways)

His denial is very persistent though, especially when he'd rather reference track times than saved lives minus his own. Norm is also under the impression that driver assistance features have done him little good to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Of course I can't fix momentary shortcomings in other drivers, so yeah, it's possible that I might some day avoid the consequences of a mistake on their part that was mitigated through ABS, Stabilitrak, or some other technological assistance.(again, the implications here include that Norm does not have momentary shortcomings. I'm curious about how often Norm is under this impression in other areas of his life, which may be why he is hesitant to concede good points when they are made for the opposition of his view.)
We all have shortcomings, momentary or otherwise. In my opinion, a compromised track time is a worthy sacrifice for the greater good of securing all people during their "momentary shortcomings".

Of course you are allowed your opinion even if it suggests that track times are more important than covering lapses in awareness/judgement, but it would inform whether or not I take your position seriously when it comes to public well-being.

You are also allowed to have a dedicated track car that has no cumbersome safety features to bog down your driving capabilities.

Last edited by SinginHawk; 04-12-2018 at 02:46 PM.
SinginHawk is offline   Reply With Quote