View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 12:59 PM   #186
GhostOutlaw

Drives: Black 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Well, it was a true story with the documentation to prove it . . . but you're mistaking my intent. What I am saying was that the situation was well within what I can cope with even in the absence of technological help. The following lap time was slightly slower, mainly because I threw away the downshift I'd have normally made and ran a gear too high for about the next quarter of a lap.

I know if I counted up all the number of times I ever put a car into its ABS on my fingers that I'd have as many left over as I'd used (I'm not counting any intentional ABS events encountered while hooning around in the snow or investigating what ABS activity might feel like). This covers a little over 17 years at this point, and even includes my track time.

Of course I can't fix momentary shortcomings in other drivers, so yeah, it's possible that I might some day avoid the consequences of a mistake on their part that was mitigated through ABS, Stabilitrak, or some other technological assistance. But what's more likely is another driver making a serious right-of-way error in a scenario that would be beyond the laws of physics to avoid or otherwise prevent.

Norm
So basically, with all that, is that it's possible there are drivers inferior to you whose lives could be saved with this technology, but maybe we should really rethink this progress thing because you're good as is.
GhostOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote