View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #1
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
Back in the market

I sold my first ever Camaro 1LE almost 2 years ago due to having a kid and losing a steady job. After getting a secure job again, I will be back in the market next spring after I save up for the 2nd time. In the meantime I am just getting an eye for the gen6''s and learning about them.

This time I will be going the barely used route instead of brand new.
I am just not into the 19 or 20 refresh.

That being said I noticed a few things which I'm a little concerned.
I sold my 2ss 1le with 35k miles for just 25.5k. I had it on market for a month, I started at 29 and kept going down. It finally sold in July.

I'm looking now, and I am seeing cars that are around the same years a mine with more miles going for more than what I sold mine for. I either under sold mine big time, or people are willing to spend more on the cars.
My car was 3 years old and I sold it for about 15k less than what I paid, I'm seeing 2017's for sale still in the 30's, and I'm seeing used 18's going for the price of a new one if not more.

I'm hoping by next year they will go down a bit more, but I don't know.

Also, it's hard finding 1le's, most gen6's on autotrader or fb marketplace are automatics for some reason.

Also, a minor gripe. I am not a fan of the huge gas tank looking exhaust in the back. Do you guys get new exhaust kits to change that out?

I loved the look of the gen 5 exhaust.

https://ibb.co/cLnr25w
Attached Images