View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 08:37 AM   #35
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Backyard chemist youtube yahoos doing chemical resistance testing on a spray coating using full strength wheel cleaners and iron removers is nowhere near realistic. Hard to tell when they're just masking the surface or stripping the coating. Yes overspray can happen but not like what they do in the vids. Adams website does say "acid-resistant" but heavy spray downs of full strength IronX is a bit much. Besides, most educated DIY-deailing folks spray their rags first to avoid getting overspray on their paint.

So all that said, I often park under live oak trees at work, and Reload holds up pretty well to the weak (tannic acid) acidic water that drops from the trees when it rains. Typically this masks the beading of Reload until I either wash the car or it sits out in the rain away from the trees for a couple days.

I just ordered some Adams Ceramic Spray and will do an A/B test on my garaged DD Genesis vs. Reload. This new spray requires clay and alcohol prep. Reload lasts on my DD for 3 months with only a wash & clay prep. Reload is water based and doesn't require alcohol prep. I shall see if ACS is worth 4x the $$$ and extra prep, and if it really lasts 2-3x as long as Reload.
Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote