View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #90
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I wasn't trying to incite a riot by posting this thread and for the most part it's stayed very civil. I was simply offering my thoughts after I drove the auto since I was considering switching to one after owning 2 manual Camaros in the past. I think it's a good idea for someone considering it to drive both before making the decision. I thought I wouldn't have a problem making the switch and it turns out I do for that specific car. I'm just glad I found this out before ordering one sight unseen. If you bought an auto and are happy with it, more power to you. I'm happy for you. Buy what makes you the happiest.
Haha, I don't have a problem with ya, nor anyone on here. I just find it funny that's all. If you take it at face value, arguing over this crap is honestly quite childish. As mentioned before, it's like arguing over fake or real tits. Who cares. I'm personally an Auto guy. Why? I live in the crap hole that is Houston. I don't track either so. But, I don't care either if someone wants to roll gears. Actually, I'm jealous of those who can. As mentioned in some thread a few months ago. Just a quick story.

When I had my Zl1, I took it up to Owen to do some basic mods and tune. He had at the time I think close to 800 hp Zl1. He said, want to go for a ride? I said, sure, just don't fkn kill me. He turned all nannies off. There is prob a good mile long strip of road in front of his shop. He rowed those gears to at least 100 I'd say. Kept it sideways the whole time, then drifted a nice corner. The, turned around and did it again going back to his shop. I thought for sure I was dead that day.

Anyhow, got back, I'm just shaking my head. Him and the guys up at the shop are just laughing. Honestly, those were skills. Mad skills that I don't have.

I guess it's kind of those deals to where, look, if people prefer Auto's, there is no need to say....well, only fkn real men drive sticks.(Not saying you said it, just saying it seems to be mentioned if auto guys say otherwise against manuals). No, guys like me who are real men who run companies and provide for other peoples families (That statement in no way makes me a better man than anyone on here, it was for reference only) just prefer to appreciate the technology in the Autos. I now have a 15 GTR and I'm not sure anyone can drive a stick faster than the current transmission that is in the car. But, anyhow, it's all good my friend.

I say, buy what you like and enjoy it. Life only goes around once.