View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
The car is used. It has a total of 4500 miles on it now. I think I will swap the fluid as I am not 100% certain what is in there but I think it has been changed. What is the recommended brand?

Do instructors run coms? Air pump is a way to pump fresh air in the helmet. I guess not really needed in the car but we use them in the desert and stuff so we can breath fresh clean air.

I didn't think about the harnesses. Your right, if they are not setup right in a rollover, they can do a lot more damage. Humm... I know at one point people were having a issue swapping seats into the ZL1. Did they ever get that fixed or have a way to do so?

-Krawl
Check the owner's manual re fluids. Apart from that i use SRF for brakes.

Re harness, there is tons more to consider in addition to a roll over. There is a good reason why race seats have cut outs for them and stock seats dont. Proper geometry re shoulders vs harness belts is crucial. Lest they dont work as intended.

No first hand experience swapping seats. From what i recall, air bags sensors are in them. If you yank them out they likely wont work. Plus you may get a code. But best to ask it in a seperate thread and get advice from somebody that has actuallu done it. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote