View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 12:11 PM   #87
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Having VVE and VTT tuned correctly definitely helps in this area. Dyno load-tuning (I don't remember if I ever noticed you stating if your car was on the dyno, prior to adding the PI) is probably the most helpful because you can get into areas of VVE, in a good steady state "mode", and really dial in what the car really wants. Then, you can get good TORQUE calculations that you can apply in a manor, in the VTT, that allow both models to work together to give good information to the TCM to allow it to apply what it needs to for gear-holding pressure and shift pressures. It sounds like a lot of the SHIFT INERTIA and SHIFT TIMING-type definitions aren't as necessary (under the circumstances I just stated for VVE/VTT) except to really fine-tune the shift feel for the driver. At least from my research and courses I've watched. I tend to agree with that, too. My little Sonic is pretty much stock, except for the tune, and I've been able to make it, more or less, as aggressive as I want. Some of those changes apply to this car, too, and I know for sure, even changing VTT from stock under deceleration, can make things less than comfortable if you go the wrong way. HELL - even VTT between gasoline and E85 makes a difference. I'm closer to "optimal" on my E85 side than my gasoline side (at least in terms of the kind of feel I'm trying to achieve).

Personally - I like that I can make TOURING/SNOW a little softer than SPORT/TRACK, because I like feeling the shifts. I don't want old school tire-barking shifts under low load, but I want close to that at WOT. I really only wanted a little more shift aggression than stock, and it's nice to have a lot of the ability to do that. It's fun tuning on the TCM.
It was on the dyno as an NA on E70, made 435/441 and ran 11.64@120.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote