View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Right now it's all the green I want to spend, I don't have to tell you the cost, you know. I would just as soon done just a cam but then as you know without supporting components it really would have been a waste. We talked about the heads and Blake's experience with ported heads. Came down to quite a bit more money to gain maybe 15-20 hp. The stock heads flow plenty good for the build I am doing. Again not chasing the highest number but, solid reliability. I have no plans to go any further.

On a side note just came back from a run out thru the countryside where I live. It's all twist, turns and hills with new pavement and NO traffic at all this time of day, even on a busy day a couple cars at the most. You could run100 miles and never run the same road. It's almost like your own personal track, nothing but a few big farms. Point is, even with wide open spaces still cannot use all it's got now. Love that A10 in track mode!
I went over my budget but not by too much. It was all stuff that I was going to do at some point so I just figured I might as well do now. I still need to do a few more things tho. Tires and a gauge or set of gauges for starters. And eventually I might want to try to squeeze a bit more out of it. Maybe meth injection. I'm sure my setup is good for 900+ to the wheels on meth. In about a year or two I'll start trying to get there!!

And yea you can always do more to your setup in the future. Ported heads are not cheap, lol!! I think it ran me an extra $1000 for the porting by TSP. The PRC aftermarket heads would have ran an extra $2800. And none of it is really needed unless you plan to go further in the future. But at 700+ thru the A10 I am sure you'll be satisfied.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote