View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #12
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
As I said in another Z06 thread, this is a "see Ferrari? we can do it too" car, which is great (seriously), but not everyone's cup of tea.

Also, its 670 hp output is mostly thanks to the 8400 rpm redline, I'm sure it has much less torque down low and even overall. Again, a very respectable high rpm for a GM engine, but this isn't particularly special and neither are the looks. Maybe the price will be low enough to make the entire package attractive, once it actually becomes available.
This isn't just a "see Ferrari we can do it too". The holy grail of performance is mid-engine, GM had no choice but to move this route at some point in order to continue to improve performance. The front engine platform was already tapped out. The new engine is also not a "see Ferrari we can do it too". GM's engine will be far more reliable, achieve better gas mileage and emissions than any European equivalent. You can downplay it as much as you want but GM has achieved something very special here and will do it at a fraction of the cost of any European supercar. I fail to see how that's not impressive to anyone if they truly understand automotive design.

Last edited by Z OH 6; 10-27-2021 at 09:10 AM.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote