View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #16
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
$7k + $12k for a 2SS with 46.5k miles, still a great value.

OP, this turned out pretty good with that ZL1 frontend, congratulations. Does everything work, no engine problems, weird electrical issues or anything?
Thanks. No issues so far, starts and runs, took it around the neighborhood. No CEL or other warnings. The engine wiring harness was a straightforward replacement but a PITA, the body wiring harness partially burned at the 3 connectors at the very end. That harness runs through the entire car and would be impractical to replace, if your could get a harness which you can’t as the body harness for my 2016 was discontinued by GM.

I bought a 2018 ZL1 body harness after finding that the part of the harness I needed was very similar and would work by adding only 1 terminal and removing the ones I didn’t need (mag ride, for example). I spent a lot of time studying the service manual before reconnecting any wires as several are the same color and size. Used a continuity tester and traced them until I was 100% sure before connecting them. I then spliced the harness by soldering and using heat shrink insulation on each wire. It turned out pretty clean. Re-wrapped the harness using the same harness tape and it looks OEM.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sephx1; 02-13-2022 at 01:59 PM.
Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote