View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 07:41 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
As I said above my shop says they built a 2021 Camaro with 900hp on stock driveline and all they did was a clutch upgrade.

So who is right? My Shop or what I've read on here from the community?

That is why I asked the question here hoping to get a more definitive answer or an explanation.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are wrong, but I can't take your word as being correct unless my Mechanic tells me the same thing. Because that rear end upgrade is $5000+. I need a definitive answer and my shop claims its possible on a stock driveline.

Its not that I don't believe you its more that I don't believe my shop and they are trying to dip into an $9000 upgrade that my car may not be able to handle.
Believe what you want. There are others on this board who had the exact same experience as me. Not sure why you bothered asking if whatever we say has to jive with your shops opinion. Bottom line is SS driveshaft and half shafts are weaker than ZL1, and I’ve seen ZL1 half shafts die too (just not as frequently). The diff is pretty stout on both SS and ZL1 cars…those both seem to hold up well.

The “2021 Camaro 900 HP” build you referred to is a ZL1 or SS…?