View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #173
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If they weren't calling this a 6thGen Camaro, I'd say styling would be a non-issue....Go -Go- 5th Gen!

It was no secret when announced years ago, 6th Gen would have a new platform, new power-plants, even assembly would be in a new place...but mildly evolved 5th gen styling?? that wasn't advertised as part of the 6thGen...

Styling was also expected to be very different, and one of the main reasons this whole 6thGen forum was even created. Just look at some of the oldest threads in this forum....Enthusiasm and expectations for new and different styling were common....Now suddenly(?) the 5th Gen look is to carry sales for another 6 years?...

I hope the 6thGen looks fabulous...I'm sure it will...But if indeed it is a mildly evolved 5thGen, it won't hold up for another 6years, sales will suffer at some point and they may regret that they didn't swing for another home-run out of the gate with the 6th Gen styling to go along with the opportunity to tie it in with everything else that is new for the 6thGen.

I think the issue is the changing auto industry. We are getting more "generations" and less radical departures between generations. I'll use an example I have familiar with the VW Golf. The Mk4 lasted 7 years, the Mk5 5 years, and Mk6 3 years. The current Mk7 does not look much different than Mk6. Sure that's just one off the wall example, but seems to be the new trend in vehicles, possibly due to CAFE pushing manufactures to make changes under the car more than the design of the car.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote