View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #33
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I actually think it might go the other way around....I don't know why I just do for some reason lol Maybe bc I think a good portion of this test in particular came down to value, and the CFTP being 19K more was the nail in the coffin being that it just wasn't worth the extra bucks. With the prices of the base cars being much closer(gt500 still more $) I think it has a better shot
What I meant was from a performance perspective on track, I think you mean a shot at winning the magazine 'win' and I dont think every mag will even give the nod to the ZLE as some will ignore price, cowboy science, blah blah.

I think(just an opinion of course), that we will see a larger gap in performance between the CFTP and the Base than we see between the ZLE and the ZL1, so based on that thought I think the ZL1 will shine on track quite a bit compared to the base 500. Isn't the respective weight gain between the base versions and track version of each car worse for the 500? I need to look up the weights of all 4 when I get a chance, may not be.